The Islamic Association of Nova Scotia (IANS), Canada, is a non-profit, volunteer organization that provides support and services to the Muslim community of Nova Scotia for its religious and social needs. The Association administers the mosques in Dartmouth and Truro, Nova Scotia and maintains the Muslim cemetery in Truro.
Eid al FitrPosted June 3
Eid-ul_Fitr Tomorrow Tuesday Based on reported Helal Sighting of the month of Shawwal in some countries Imams council of Nova Scotia Declares that Tomorrow, Tuesday June 4th is the first day of Eid-ul Fitr Inshaa Allah. May Allah fill our Eid with forgiveness, joy and blessings.
The Eid salat will be held at the BMO Soccer Centre located at 210 Thomas Raddall Drive in Halifax. There is ample space at the venue, so only ONE salat will be held.
The takbeer will start at 8:30 AM and salat at 9:00 AM sharp
- Please bring a prayer mat and a bag to keep your shoes with you.
- No food or drink of any type is allowed in the prayer area.
- No solicitations or selling of any goods and products is permitted.
- Police officers will be on hand for assistance. Please respect the parking laws.
- Kindly be punctual and allow time for parking and arrival at the prayer area. ;
Monthly PotlucksFirst Saturday of every month.
Please join us for the monthly potluck, held at the Dartmouth Mosque - 42 Leaman Drive.
The potluck begins after Maghrib prayers.