|Juma @ DalTech||1:15|
|Juma @ Church Hall||1:30|
Please do NOT enter the Church Hall until you are given permission to do so by the staff.
The Islamic Association of Nova Scotia (IANS), Canada, is a non-profit, volunteer organization that provides support and services to the Muslim community of Nova Scotia for its religious and social needs. The Association administers the mosques in Dartmouth and Truro, Nova Scotia and maintains the Muslim cemetery in Truro.
Eid Mubarak!July 16, 2015
Eid will be celebrated tomorrow Friday, July 17th.
Eid Prayers at Exhibition Park - 200 Prospect Road.
Prayers: 10am (sharp).
Please bring prayer mats with you.
Directions to Eid prayers can be found here.
Eid al Fitr Vendor InformationJuly 14, 2015
If you are a vendor interested in renting a table at Exhibition Hall on Eid, please download and email the form to Br. Emad Aziz firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also bring the completed form and payment at Exhibition Hall on Eid day.
- All tables have fixed price on first come, first serve basis.
- Table is not confirmed until payment of $50 has been made. Sorry we do not reserve tables.
- Max limit is 2 tables per vendor.
- If you are selling food and drinks, you must display food permit.
- Limited tables have electrical outlets.
- All cooking must be done outside Exhibition Hall and away from the Front Entrance.
- The Organizers reserve the right to remove a vendor from premesis without refund for displaying or selling objectionable materials.
- Vendors may only use the tables provided by the Organizers within the designated areas. Any adhoc tables will be removed.
Eid Volunteers NeededJuly 5, 2015
For the first time, all the mosques and Islamic Centers of HRM will celebrate Eid on the same day. Be part of this historic moment, be a volunteer.
Hurricane Season PrepardnessJuly 1, 2015
September 1st marks the peak season for hurricanes. From Sept 1 - Nov 30th, the probability of a hurricane slamming into Nova Scotia are the highest.
Attached is a checklist for everyone to prepare themselves. IANS encourages everyone to make preparations.
Monthly Potlucks & Kids PartyFirst Saturday of every month
Islamic Association of Nova Scotia holds a pot luck dinner at the Dartmouth Mosque every first Saturday of the month. However, during the month of Ramadan an open Iftar is scheduled for all Muslims every Saturday.
All the Muslim are requested to attend the monthly pot lucks with their families.