The Islamic Association of Nova Scotia (IANS), Canada, is a non-profit, volunteer organization that provides support and services to the Muslim community of Nova Scotia for its religious and social needs. The Association administers the mosques in Dartmouth and Truro, Nova Scotia and maintains the Muslim cemetery in Truro.
Eid al Azha AnnouncementPosted August 7
Eid-ul_Azha prayers will be held on Sunday, August 11th. May Allah fill our Eid with forgiveness, joy and blessings.
The Eid salat will be held at the Huskey Stadium at Saint Mary's University, located at 923 Robie Street in Halifax. There is ample space at the venue, so only ONE salat will be held.
The takbeer will start at 8:30 AM and salat at 9:00 AM sharp
- Please bring a prayer mat and a bag to keep your shoes with you.
- No food or drink of any type is allowed in the prayer area.
- No solicitations or selling of any goods and products is permitted.
- Police officers will be on hand for assistance. Please respect the parking laws.
- Kindly be punctual and allow time for parking and arrival at the prayer area. ;
Monthly PotlucksFirst Saturday of every month.
Please join us for the monthly potluck, held at the Dartmouth Mosque - 42 Leaman Drive.
The potluck begins after Maghrib prayers.